Moving .. Nobody likes this bit, but it has to be done to get into your first home
Choosing a removal company that works with you will make all the difference to you when moving to your new home.
When do you organise the removal company?
We would advise that you start comparing removal quotes 7 weeks before your move. Get ready to appoint a removal company once you are happy with the quotes. Explain to your chosen company your current situation. Ideally they will pencil in the collection and then you can firm up the date once you have reached Exchange and a moving date has been confirmed and agreed by yourself and the seller.
How to plan for your move in 6 steps?
- Compare 3 or more removal quotes well in advance of any proposed completion date
- Some removal companies may offer a packing service – Do you need this?
- Although you can get a quote online, many companies will send out an experienced person to check on your move. We think this minimises problems so it’s worth asking the question.
- Think about access points to collect and deliver and be ready to mention if you believe it isn’t as easy as it sounds.
- Ask for client testimonials – ideally in a similar location
- Ask about insurance – What is covered?
On a Budget for your Removals? What about a Man with a Van
Quite often the moving budget can be hard pushed by the removals quote. It’s an expensive business although there is a lot involved. If you are on a bit of a budget for your first move, you might want to consider a “Man with a Van”. You might have to do the packing yourself, but it could save you a good deal of money on your move.
Too much stuff, not enough room .. Where are you going to fit it all in?
Quite often when moving into your first home, you might have just too much stuff. Especially when moving in together for the first time, it can often result in the throwing away of items or possessions that you may later miss. If you find yourself with not enough room, then self storage could be an option.